Atlanta, GA - October 12, 2016 - The 20th Anniversary United Sprint Car Series Outlaw Thunder Tour presented by K&N Filters winged sprint cars invades the Dirt Track at Charlotte on October 20th-22nd as the sanctioning body of the inaugural ONEDIRT.com World Short Track Championship 360 winged sprint car division, The World Short Track Championship event is a literal a "Smorgasbord of Speed" featuring three full nights of high speed action at one of the Nation’s top dirt track racing facilities. Race teams and race fans will be treated to a full menu of late season speed contests with racing in nine of North America’s most popular racing divisions including the USCS winged sprint cars who are expected to turn the fastest laps of any division to touch the 4/10s mile racing surface during the weekend of speed contests.
The event for the United Sprint Car Series presented by K&N Filters winged sprint cars consists of a Thursday night test and tune practice session plus two-nights of competition that include Friday night’s time trial qualifying during hot laps followed by heat races. After the heat races Friday night’s top eight to ten cars (determined by car count) will then compete in the K&N Filters Pole Scramble to determine their final starting positions.in the $3000 to win Championship A-Main on Saturday night.
Saturday night’s USCS sprint car format will see those cars not locked into the A-Main have a last chance via one or more B-Mains to set the final line-up for the charge to victory lane in the prestigious inaugural 30-lap World Short Track Championship final for the 360 sprint car division.
Drivers from 7 states and Canada are already pre-entered for the initial 2016 appearance of the USCS sprint cars to the Dirt Track at Charlotte. including a number of defending and former track and series Champions The event will award USCS Outlaw Thunder Tour National championship points. Additionally, the event will award USCS Southern Thunder Tour regional series as well.
The 360 sprint car division at the Dirt Track at Charlotte during the ONEDIRT.com World Short Track Championships will utilize the United Sprint Car Series technical and procedure rules. The tire rule is that a competitor must have the Hoosier 105x16x15 MEDIUM Spec sprint car tire on the right rear and any Hoosier sprint car tire on the other three corners. For info on the United Sprint Car Series and the USCS sprint car rules can be found at www.uscsracing.com If you still have questions please call Pete Walton at 770-865-6097.
For event information and to mail a pre-entry to World Racing Group, the event promoters please visit this link to entry blanks, etc. http://www.dirtcarump.com/world-short-track-championship/
The Dirt Track at Charlotte is located just across the street from Charlotte Motor Speedway at 5555 Concord Pkwy S
Concord, North Carolina.
Participating OneDirt.com World Short Track Championships 2016 Divisions:
• DIRTcar/SECA Pro Late Model: Full-bodied late model with Chevrolet Performance 604 engine;
• DIRTcar UMP Modified: Open-wheel modified as raced in all of North America;
• DIRTcar Sportsman Modified: Northeast open-wheel modified with center steer northeast modified body style with Chevrolet Performance 602 engine;
• DIRTcar/SECA Pro Modified: Open-wheel Modified with Chevrolet Performance 602 engine;
• USCS 360 Sprint Car: Winged sprint car with 700+ Horsepower 360 cubic inch engine;
• DIRTcar Pro-Sprint: Winged sprint car with Chevrolet Performance 602 engine;
• SECA Crate Sportsman: Full-bodied American stock car with Chevrolet Performance 602 engine;
• MMSA Mini-Stock: Monster Mini Stock Association 4-cylinder stock car;
• FWD/Hornet: Front-wheel drive sports compact modified for dirt track racing.